Friday, November 13, 2009

How should I apply blue highlights?

I want to get blue or purple highlights in my hair, but I can't find any "blue or purple highlight"s in any stores! I'm thinking of just buying the regular hair dye and use it as a highlighter.. would that turn out bad? if not, how would I apply it?



and if you know any stores to get blue or purple highlights for hair, please tell me! (sorry if this question didn't make any sense, i tried to make it clear as possible =/)



How should I apply blue highlights?

I think its risky to apply highlights yourself. I've seen blue highlights on people, and they have looked like a trainwreck, but I've also seen them look awesome! So I think you should go get them done by a professional. If you have long hair you'll probably need to get it done with foil, so it may be expensive. If you want to try applying them yourself, though, try Hot Topic. I'm positive they sell hair dye there:



http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/store/n...



How should I apply blue highlights?

if your hair is dark, you have to bleach it first......if your hair is colored already, it might turn out a funky color or patchy, when you bleach it....(and yes you have to bleach it to get these colors) since you want to go blue, you have to make sure you bleach the pieces, to a very light blond, because if there is any yellow left in your hair, well yellow and blue make green. i would highly suggest going and getting highlights done with a stylist then asking them to tone it with the blue that you want. You can buy good blues or purples at either hot topic or sally beauty supply....good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment