Friday, November 13, 2009

Hair color question...answer only if you know for sure please!?

Hi..I am a natural blonde, my blonde hair was highlighted and lowlighted. I put a bright red all over. As of right now I have 3 different shades of red in my hair. I'm bored, and am now ready to go back to blonde. I bought the following:



20 volume clear developer



7th stage cream highlighter [2oz]



%26amp; 3 packets of clairol lightening activators.



I have 2 questions. First, I was told to use all 3 packets of the activator, the entire 2oz of lightener %26amp; 4 oz of the developer. Is this right? I'm really only not sure about the activator.



Also, the directions say to leave it on for 45-60 minutes. I feel like that is a really long time. My hair has broken off once before, and I'd rather it not happen again. Does that sound like a safe time frame?



Thank you so much! %26amp; please no lectures about doing it myself. I'm going to do it. I have before, just not from a dark color, especially red.



Thanks again!



Hair color question...answer only if you know for sure please!?

That's not too long, just condition the crap out of it . You're going to need some blonde dye or toner, too, because it'll most likely come out pinkish with all the red in there. I remember when my friend had pink hair, and we bleached it and it turned BRIGHT red with all the red undertones, so you're gonna have to tone it, too. It's also going to still be about three colors, but it'll look like natural highlights, so that won't be a problem. Hope this helps. I dye my hair and friends hair all the time.



Hair color question...answer only if you know for sure please!?

Why not just call a salon and ask them what they think of that ratio of products. I'm sure someone will be able to tell you.



Hair color question...answer only if you know for sure please!?

do exactly what the insrtuctions say and if something goes wrong then id sue them for a million buckaroos.



Instant millionare i like that



Hair color question...answer only if you know for sure please!?

okay this is one thing I know for sure!! Once you go darker them your original hair color there is NO way to get it back completly unless you grow it out. The only way to get it back is to bleach all that out and dye it a color as close to your natural hari color as possible. I was a light brown and went black. I have tried the hair color strippers and they just turn your hair orange. No matter what you do you have to dye it the color of your natural hair. Hope this helps! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment