Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Can i dye my copper&blonde highlighted hair back brown without going orange?ps going to a salon

my mom has a beauty salon and I am always doing thing to my hair . I recently had highlights, then i decided i did not want them anymore so instead of using harsh permanent dye to go back to my once long beautiful brown hair, she used semi-permanent also known as demi-permanent color in coffee or toffee by Joico, any brand will work as long as it is a semi-color dye. They are not expensive. If you go to a store where they sell salon products, you can by them for under 10.00 dollars and then you do it yourself. The good thing, is that it is temporary and the semi-color you choose will gradually fade as you shower. After 2 months you will notice some soft faded highlights in your brown hair, which look like soft low lights. When i did it, my friends said "wow i like your hair the highlights look so natual and soft" it was funny because if they only knew that it was really just the semi-color fading. So the process doesn't have to be unpleasent. You can do this more than once. Each time choosing the same color brown or a darker shade of brown. I did it 3 times using a lighter shade of brown then a darker shade. These semi-color have very little peroxide mostly color. The nice thing about this is that it covers your hair evenly and it won't damage your hair. It last about two months. When the dye starts fading you will see your hair turn to a natural brown tone. Now my hair is a medium brown. My mom says that Semi colors are used to enhance your own natural hair color so it looks shiny and healthy. Be sure to use a conditioner so it does not dry your hair. Most important this was my experience and you should always research and ask questions about any product before you buy them or put them on. good luck



Can i dye my copper%26amp;blonde highlighted hair back brown without going orange?ps going to a salon is impossible!

yup, they should be able to tell you want there going to do, they should put more on in some places and less on others... that way u get an even color... ps i just did that from blond back to dark brown...



Can i dye my copper%26amp;blonde highlighted hair back brown without going orange?ps going to a salon is impossible!

I'm going through the same issue with my daughter's hair, I've decided to live with it 'til it grows out some, then get some high and lowlights to blend it in.



I do know the one thing you don't want to do is go too dark or you could end up with any number of color possibilities- green, purple...etc.



I would try first with a semi-permanent color to see what results I got.



Can i dye my copper%26amp;blonde highlighted hair back brown without going orange?ps going to a salon is impossible!

i tried that once and it turned my blonde hair blue....it has something to do with the type of color you used to go blonde and metallics. i would ask someone in a beauty salon first.



Can i dye my copper%26amp;blonde highlighted hair back brown without going orange?ps going to a salon is impossible!

Yes you can but make sure you get a dark brown color because it will turn orange if you don't. It wont turn really brown but it will compinstate for the orange if it browner.



Can i dye my copper%26amp;blonde highlighted hair back brown without going orange?ps going to a salon is impossible!

yes, consider who really has a use for brown hair dye and this will become quite obvious to you.



additionally, if you have just highlighted and/or colored your hair recently, it would be good to wait a couple of weeks because your hair is already damaged from the process.



all coloring processes damage hair to some extent.



Can i dye my copper%26amp;blonde highlighted hair back brown without going orange?ps going to a salon is impossible!

The best thing you can do is go to your local retail store and look for a stripping agent its in the hair care isle and made by loreal, I dye my hair alot and everytime I dye my hair blonde to brown or brown to blonde it goes oragne until I stripped it, it will take aLL the dye out of your hair and you can apply the brown and it will take. Biggest question is what hair color are you naturally, if your trying to go to brown, and you dont want to strip it, Look very closely at the boxes you will see some that will show a reddish look results stay away from them, ANYTHING with auburn, red, chesnut etc, look for a deep brown. The loreal dye and highlight kits work great.. Lots of luck.



Also because you have copper highlights you will most likely have lighter highlights in your brown hair. (best option strip it)

No comments:

Post a Comment